Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ooh, a LYS!

As mentioned in previous posts, I recently moved. One of the first things I stumbled across while driving around my new surroundings was a sign: "Coming soon: Have Ewe Any Wool?" Despite not having picked up my needles in a while, there's something to be said for the giddy thrill of a LYS so close to my apartment.

They're open now, and I stopped by last Saturday. It's not actually a new store but a new location for them. I was very well-behaved and resisted buying anything, but I still petted just about every skein of yarn in the place (and discovered that my magpie streak is alive and well as I got distracted by several varieties of sparkly yarn). I also spoke to a group of friendly, interesting women (some who worked there, some not), and I definitely plan to go back.

I may just return to knitting yet. Of course, now it's not only in competition with bass but with roller derby as well....

No comments: