Thursday, June 26, 2008

And the excuses keep on coming....

Status report: Still setting up the new apartment. Still an insomniac. Still haven't picked up my knitting needles in about 4 months.

And honestly, I haven't really wanted to. My crafting inclinations are a Karma Chameleon. They come and go. Sometimes I really want to knit. Sometimes the crochet hook calls to me. There was that beading spree last summer. Lately, though, I've been much more interested in catching up on all the books I found in storage and playing my bass. I've practiced nearly every day since I moved.

There are a lot of UFOs idling in my knitting bag right now: my Knitty Shimmer, a beard hat for a gentleman I'm no longer seeing, not to mention yarn for planned projects that aren't even underway. At this rate, I'm not sure when they will be.

3 comments:

Aleta said...

I can relate! I have lots of UFO's up in the loft, and I often can't decide whether I want to knit, crochet, sew, or WHATEVER! I feel like I have multiple personalities when it comes to crafting. I've been trying to stay focused lately and finish this afghan I've been crocheting. Then there's that cross stitch project I've been working on for awhile - well, three years to be exact!

Marisa said...

Sewing! I completely forgot about sewing! I just brought my machine out of storage, along with several uncut patterns and lots of fabric just waiting to be utilized. I haven't even decided where to set it up yet.

Aleta said...

I wish I had a place to keep my machine up all the time. I have to use the kitchen table now and it is a pain. Maybe someday I'll have a "crafting room."
I like to try different types of fabrics and fibers too. I have a box of Angelina fiber waiting for me to try. And then there's that wool roving for felting, and . . .
oh well, one of these days I'll get to it all! I used to say "when I retire" but I can't say that now because I AM retired!